· To proclaim the good news of Jesus Christ for the purpose of building God’s kingdom on earth;
· To strengthen our faith community, especially through the sacrament of the Holy Eucharist;
· To reach out and evangelize the gospel of Jesus Christ;
· To provide assistance to the poor, elderly, sick and shut-in, as well as others who are in need;
· To understand, communicate and celebrate the richness of our African-American and Catholic tradition;
· To develop the material, financial, and human resources of the church and to manage them as faithful stewards.
We believe in one God, the Father, the Almighty, creator of heaven and earth, of all that is, seen and unseen.
We believe in one God the Father, in Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, eternally begotten of the Father, God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten, not made, of one Being with the Father.
Through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation he came down from heaven: by the power of the Holy Spirit he was born of the Virgin Mary, and became man.
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate; suffered, died and was buried.
On the third day he rose again in fulfillment of the Scriptures; he ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. Amen.